Topics related to aviation
By Striker97
Sometimes engineers got crazy :lol: :lol: btw thanks for sharing the Caproni's plane, i'm Italian like him and he was one of the father of our aviation
Attachments
Weird-Prototype-Aircraft-Boeing-C-97-ISS.jpg
Boeing C-97
Weird-Prototype-Aircraft-Boeing-C-97-ISS.jpg (174.55 KiB) Viewed 632 times
By RealWelders Evgeniy
Striker97 wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:22 pm
Sometimes engineers got crazy :lol: :lol: btw thanks for sharing the Caproni's plane, i'm Italian like him and he was one of the father of our aviation
Caproni was one of that century genius. IIRC one of his biplanes still holds height records for a flight height(biplanes) and for a flight height (piston-powered). It has been for almost 80 years!

And btw pilot also had to be a brave man to bring this in to 17000 meters: Image
By Striker97
Evgeniy wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:35 pm
Striker97 wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:22 pm
Caproni was one of that century genius. IIRC one of his biplanes still holds height records for a flight height(biplanes) and for a flight height (piston-powered). It has been for almost 80 years!

And btw pilot also had to be a brave man to bring this in to 17000 meters: Image
Another dreamer, and italian engineer, a genius was Giuseppe Gabrielli, he built the best WWII fighter the G.50 and the faster commercial plane during the war, the G.18V and also the G.91 and yeah also the pilots that tested planes were really good, a lot of them also died for that...
Attachments
Fiat_G.18_I-ELIO.jpg
Fiat_G.18_I-ELIO.jpg (143.6 KiB) Viewed 624 times
FIAT_G.50.jpg
FIAT_G.50.jpg (47.31 KiB) Viewed 624 times
By RealWelders Evgeniy
Flying boat Dornier Do X is definitely worth to be noted. Interesting article with some images here .

Follow the development of Sky Haven!