Feature request and game discussion
By airport guy
how will the scheduling of flights work? will we be given a Monday to Sunday roster and be able to pee plan flights and have an option to auto plan flights ?
and will we get repeat flights that come like 3 times a week or 2 a day ?
By RealWelders Evgeniy
Hi!

As for now (and definetely for Beta tests/ Early Acess) we have 1 day schedule. And one day in game will represent at least one week. Or even 10 days or even 1 month. So one game year will last 12-36 game days. It has to be defined in playtest.

Why we refused to use real time rates (7 days in a week and 30 days in a month)? Why we dont have week schedule? The one main reason - gameplay dynamic. Especially ar the start of the game when you don't have many flights scheduled. Just only couple per day. Player has to fastforward all the time from day to day. The second main reason - UI complexity. When you have huge airport with saying 30-50 ramps just imagine what be a nightmare to switch 7-days schedule with hundreds of flights.

Also we have charter flights in the plan. But at the moment all flights a regular i.e. repeat evry day.
By bigboy
The Problem I had with Airport Tycoon 3 is that it takes a month-two months to get your first contract. There was nothing to do, really, after building the airports, the only way to play was to fast forward

With a better simulation like Sky Haven, I would actually prefer taking my time with the game. I don't want years to pass too quickly - I would enjoy taking it slow, day-by-day - and enjoy meeting my contract requirements with airlines, although I realize that there are people who wish to have quick simulation speeds.

In terms of flight scheduling, in the real world, airports schedule the gate location, and the airlines schedule the time. It appears in Sky Haven we schedule the time as well, so how about only letting us schedule gate times? We could negotiate schedule time with the airline in our contract negotiation.

Airline satisfaction increases if the airport lets them schedule the time, and Airline interest decreases if we want to schedule the time ourselves.
By RealWelders Evgeniy
Don't get whad do you mean. Airport gives timeslot to airline and ramp. This means specific time and location. Airline is not able to change time of flight or occupy any free ramp.

But on signing there will be specific requirements for each flight. How many aircraft stairs/jet bridges, does catering or fueling needed etc. One of reqiurement is time range. It could be large or small and contract benefits depend on it.
By bigboy
Sorry to sound confusing... What I was suggesting is that the Airline assigns us the time slot and we can assign them the runway and gate slot. That would be more realism for me, anyway.
By RealWelders Evgeniy
bigboy wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 3:52 pm
Sorry to sound confusing... What I was suggesting is that the Airline assigns us the time slot and we can assign them the runway and gate slot. That would be more realism for me, anyway.
This is exactly what you will need to do in the game. However it will be not "gate slot" but "ramp slot". Ramp could be bridged and remote as well as Airline could require bridged or remote ramp. So player has to manage this.

If ramp is bridged then a gate is hard-linked with a ramp and nothink should be done. But if ramp is remote it means gate could be occupied by any flight only for relatively short time - unboarding and boarding (via apron bus).

It leads us to interesting consequenses: bridged gate ofcourse much faster, doesnt demand vehicles and provide better service. In the same time it is much more expensive and has much less capacity.

Assuming all this above we decide to distribute gates for remote ramps automaticly leaving to player side only ramp and runway scheduling. It looks enough challenging.
By airport guy
so how long do you need before can fit in a flight ? is it 3 hours before the actual time or can you just pop it in 30 mins before the flight
By RealWelders Evgeniy
airport guy wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 2:44 pm
so how long do you need before can fit in a flight ? is it 3 hours before the actual time or can you just pop it in 30 mins before the flight
Now you can schedule a flight right at current time and plane will appear instantly. But of course for release there will be conditions. We thingking about two variants for the final version:
1) All flights scheduled TODAY will appear scince TOMMOROW
2) Depend on destination each flight have a time interval T. If its STA >"now"+T the flight appears today. Otherwise it will come tommorow.

Follow the development of Sky Haven!