Feature request and game discussion
By Malarkey
Hi all,
First of all I am really excited of that game! Fantastic work! Fantastic idea to created a new 3D Airport manager with all these nice 3D Details.
I found your game coincidentally. Glad about that. Directly wish list on stream.
But I have also some question.

1. terminals looking like that the interior is on floor 2. are there plans for terminals wich have only 1 floor(ground level) Eg if you want to bulid a regional airport.

2. I didn't catch if you plan with real airlines or fictive airlines. If fictive: is it possible to create my "own airline/s" with an editor with their specific aircrafts? That's my next question.

3. do the airlines will have all the same aircrafts? Or do airlines have specific aircrafts? Eg like Ryanair has only 738.

4.do you plan with nearly all actual and well known aircraft types. Eg Boeing 737 Series: from 737-400 to 737-900 ? Or only 737. concerning aircrafts I really would like the see Boeing 717-200 and the MD80/83/87

5. do aircrafts have realistic lighting ?
Position, beacon, strobe, landing lights... and do they operate realistic? Eg strobe only on runway and Beacon as soon as push back. And off as soon as engine is out.

6. is there an option that aircrafts and cars will not run through the map so fast and time will not be 1:1? Difficult to explain but one the one hand I don't want rushing aircrafts and cars and on the other i don't want that it takes 24 hours for one game day. I think it's an difficult topic isn't it ?

7. if you build streets for handling cars on the apron the street look like normal streets on the apron. Wouldn't be nice: as you build it on the apron it only shows white marks? Near the terminal it looks nice but near the parking positions it looks a bit strange.
I also think it would be enough if the street for Handling cars would pass the Parking position on the head Side. But only my opinion.

8. do you plan some deco for Parking positions like ground power unit or some baggage container? :-)

Sorry so many questions. But I am really excited about this game. I am here and on the webside nearly Every hour looking for updates or videos. :D Eg. It's really cool that there will be not only one bus or one stair... great!
Thank you so much that create a new airport manager game.

Best regards and keep up the fantastic work.
By RealWelders Evgeniy
Hi. thanks and welcome!
Malarkey wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:41 pm
1. terminals looking like that the interior is on floor 2. are there plans for terminals wich have only 1 floor(ground level) Eg if you want to bulid a regional airport.
Check out our Devblog 2 there is an explanation in Design section.
Malarkey wrote:
2. I didn't catch if you plan with real airlines or fictive airlines. If fictive: is it possible to create my "own airline/s" with an editor with their specific aircrafts? That's my next question.
Due to legal issues we do not plan any operating airline in the game. Also we plan to support Steam Workshop so players will be able to add any airline they want.
Malarkey wrote:
3. do the airlines will have all the same aircrafts? Or do airlines have specific aircrafts? Eg like Ryanair has only 738.
In Devblog 5 we've already explained it a bit.
Malarkey wrote:
4.do you plan with nearly all actual and well known aircraft types. Eg Boeing 737 Series: from 737-400 to 737-900 ? Or only 737. concerning aircrafts I really would like the see Boeing 717-200 and the MD80/83/87
We plan to add all common used moderns aircrafts. And yes we plan add modifications as well.
Malarkey wrote:
5. do aircrafts have realistic lighting ?
Position, beacon, strobe, landing lights... and do they operate realistic? Eg strobe only on runway and Beacon as soon as push back. And off as soon as engine is out.
Yes to all :)
Malarkey wrote:
6. is there an option that aircrafts and cars will not run through the map so fast and time will not be 1:1? Difficult to explain but one the one hand I don't want rushing aircrafts and cars and on the other i don't want that it takes 24 hours for one game day. I think it's an difficult topic isn't it ?
Yes you are absolutely right - it is a hard question. We have some thoughts how to improve game experience here.
Malarkey wrote:
7. if you build streets for handling cars on the apron the street look like normal streets on the apron. Wouldn't be nice: as you build it on the apron it only shows white marks? Near the terminal it looks nice but near the parking positions it looks a bit strange.
I also think it would be enough if the street for Handling cars would pass the Parking position on the head Side. But only my opinion.
We plan to refactor ramp connection.
Don't get what seems strange to you with service roads.
Malarkey wrote:
8. do you plan some deco for Parking positions like ground power unit or some baggage container? :-)
Yes and no.
Yes: we plan GPU's (both mobile and integrated) and dollies' (baggage carts).
No: GPU and dollies ara not a "deco" but important game mechanics. ;)
By Malarkey
Thank you for your reply. :)
Sounds very good!
To the 1. point:
Okay understand this. I only wonder why there are elevators on the design page and so on...

To the point 7.:
What do you mean with " you plan refactor ramp connection" ? Do you mean that the service roads betwenn the parking position will be not necessary?

On the following links you see what i meant.
https://www.google.de/search?q=apron+of ... optlQ2kfnM:

https://www.google.de/search?q=apron+of ... VtwlE9lstM:

I hope you can see what mean.
It would be nice to have the option if the service roads would be the color of the apron with only the white marks or a different color.

I have another few question.
Do the taxiways will also have lights ?

Do you plan firetrucks, police cars and some operational service cars patrolling on the service roads and aprons?

Do we can choose between different handling agents?

Again many questions. I hope it's ok for you ?

Best regards and greetings
By RealWelders Evgeniy
Malarkey wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:44 pm
To the 1. point:
Okay understand this. I only wonder why there are elevators on the design page and so on...
Incoming passengers come in the terminal from gates through (hidden) 1st floor right to that lifts and appear on the 2nd flor. If the terminal doesn't have lifts passengers just come through gates to second floor. It means arrival lifts helps to split in- and out bound flows. Hope I explained ).
Malarkey wrote:
To the point 7.:
What do you mean with " you plan refactor ramp connection" ? Do you mean that the service roads betwenn the parking position will be not necessary?
I mean that we will change a bit connection mechanic for ramps and service roads.
Malarkey wrote:
On the following links you see what i meant.
https://www.google.de/search?q=apron+of ... optlQ2kfnM:

https://www.google.de/search?q=apron+of ... VtwlE9lstM:

I hope you can see what mean.
It would be nice to have the option if the service roads would be the color of the apron with only the white marks or a different color.
We already did it for TWY but still not for service roads. Because it becomes a bit messy and hard to recognize overal layout on the apron. May be in future we'll be back to this issue and find the solution.
Malarkey wrote:
I have another few question.
Do the taxiways will also have lights ?

Do you plan firetrucks, police cars and some operational service cars patrolling on the service roads and aprons?
Yes
Malarkey wrote:

Do we can choose between different handling agents?
Not sure if it will be in the release.

Malarkey wrote:
Again many questions. I hope it's ok for you ?

Best regards and greetings
Always welcome!
By Malarkey
Evgeniy wrote:
Incoming passengers come in the terminal from gates through (hidden) 1st floor right to that lifts and appear on the 2nd flor. If the terminal doesn't have lifts passengers just come through gates to second floor. It means arrival lifts helps to split in- and out bound flows. Hope I explained ).
yes thank you. if 2 Floors are not possible than we have to accept that.

Evgeniy wrote: I mean that we will change a bit connection mechanic for ramps and service roads.
nice

Evgeniy wrote: We already did it for TWY but still not for service roads. Because it becomes a bit messy and hard to recognize overal layout on the apron. May be in future we'll be back to this issue and find the solution.
I would realy apreciate that =) in your post Devblog #0 you have a picture that shows excactly what i meant. It looks nice on Apron with the white marks.

Some other questions =):

Do you plan with 2 stairs conected to the aircraft? in the videos we only see 1.

Is it right that you also plan with catering service/vehicle? Do we have to decide which airline needs the right catering servie? eg. discounter only sometimes catering service and chater/international airlines nearly every time? And also the quality?

thank you. =)
By RealWelders Evgeniy
Do you plan with 2 stairs conected to the aircraft? in the videos we only see 1.
Ofcourse
Is it right that you also plan with catering service/vehicle? Do we have to decide which airline needs the right catering servie? eg. discounter only sometimes catering service and chater/international airlines nearly every time? And also the quality?
This is not on the player's side to decide what service is needed for flight.
Each airline demand specific services for each flight. Player can see it on the contract window. I.e. discouners mostly dont want catering, but it's possible that some of discounter's flights need it.
By Malarkey
I read sth about connecting the terminals.
You plan with monorails.
Do you also plan with shuttle Busses?
Which also connect parking/rent a car with the terminals?

I thought about the passengers.
Do we see Passangers walking along the streets between parking slots/shuttle bus stops and the terminal or other buildings like hotels etc?

Can we decide the color of the terminal building?
By RealWelders Evgeniy
Malarkey wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:46 pm
I read sth about connecting the terminals.
You plan with monorails.
Do you also plan with shuttle Busses?
Which also connect parking/rent a car with the terminals?

I thought about the passengers.
Do we see Passangers walking along the streets between parking slots/shuttle bus stops and the terminal or other buildings like hotels etc?

Can we decide the color of the terminal building?
Yes we plan not only monorails.

Though we do not plan (as for now) dense external infrastructure but hotels and parkings are in the plan :). Ofcourse there will be passenger outside the terminal.
By Til
Hello,
I also have some questions and remarks. I hope they have not been asked before, as I didn't have the time to read every post in this forum. I also hope it is ok to ask and mention them here.

1.) On the steam page I was very pleased to read that the game will also be released for Mac. On the homepage in the FAQ section it says though that you will initially only release it for pc. How much longer will you need for the Mac version?

2.) I was wondering how fast time progresses in the game? How long is one game hour in real time and will you plan on making 365 days a year?! I would really enjoy that. I would also enjoy if seasons would be implemented at some point in time!

3.) In one dev blog you mentioned the baggage claim. Usually in most airports the baggage claim is on the first floor. How will this be done as I read in another dev blog that only the 2nd floor will be usable and that the arriving passengers will come onto the 2nd floor through stairs.

4.) Obviously, I know that in the game one will have to build the airport. But how will the every day work look like in the game? When everything is built what will I have to do when managing the airport? Will I have to manage the staff and the flights? I would love more insight on this!

5.) I would also enjoy if a fourth category of airlines would be introduced. Till now you have: Budget, domestic, and international. International seems really big (like Emirates in real life). But if one would like to build a mid sized airport in lets say Germany Emirates would not fly to this airport. It would have some international flights though (e.g. an Air France flight to Paris). That is why I would like it if there were a category of intercontinental international flights. Do you know what I mean?

Anyways, keep up the good work! This game really looks great!
By RealWelders Evgeniy
Hi Til!
1) In theory MAC version will be released and updated simultaneously with WIN version.

2) One day in the game reflects several days. It means a game month will have much less than 30 days. Specific number have to be defined later.
Seasons will be implemented but may be not in release version. There are a lot of game mechanics and visuals to develop.

3) For release we will have only a one-floor airport. But chosing 2nd floor as plyable we laid the foundation for multi-floor buildings.

4) Actually the same situation could be in almost each category. E.g. it could be a small discounter operating in one country and not perfoming international flights. Or it could be as big as Air Asia performing 8h+ intercontinental flights (KUL-SYD). Game category just specify what kind of flights/airplanes/passengers airline tend to have. However in each category we will have "higher", "median" and "lower" segments. Also it could be more harder to satisfy higher-discounter
than lower-international.
Hope I get you right and this is the answer.

Follow the development of Sky Haven!